Thursday 12 June 2014

Pizza Bowls

Last weekend was so hectic, I never got around to posting anything unfortunately. I did have something planned, too! Last weekend's would-be post will happen this weekend, and it will be a feature post. I always enjoy trying other people's recipes, and if I actually like them, why not tell my viewers? It is something I wanted to do with the old blog but just never got around to. So I am excited to do that.

Honestly, I have quite the extensive to-do list for this blog, from graphics to recipes to regular types of posts I want to be making. I keep thinking of more and more things to add to the list, too. I'd like to say, "one thing at a time!" but I don't have time for one thing at a time. Plus, I want to do everything. I want to be literally writing a recipe post, a thoughtful blog post, and a research paper simultaneously because I cannot just pick one thing to do.

For now, though, I bring you pizza bowls.

What's a pizza bowl, you ask? Well, let's talk about what it isn't.

It is not a doughy puffy pizza. It is not a bowl fashioned out of pizza dough. It is not a pizza folded in half.

Ok, so what it is? Pizza in a bowl. 

Everyone should be doing this because it is delicious. I don't think you can go wrong with this recipe. Think of it like scraping all the toppings off a pizza you bought and cooked and shoving them in a bowl. Then into your face. Sounds good, right? So let's make some!

tssszzzz check out those bubbles


This recipe is a gooey, melty mess of goodness. It is both quick and easy to make, and very versatile. Whatever you like on your pizza belongs in this recipe. Olives? Yes! Goat cheese? Uh, duh! More meat??! Obviously! Keto on, friends, and do it your way. I will provide some examples along the way but there is no hand-holding here. 


Servings: 4 servings (depending on how much you add on top of my suggested ingredients)
Nutritional Information: I'm not including any solid numbers because it will depend entirely on you. However, with these ingredients you're looking at ~250 cals and ~4g net carbs per serving. Enter your variations into any recipe calculator to get an idea of your ingredients. 

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: ~20 minutes

Your Ingredients:


  • 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (e.g. marble, swiss, tex mex, or anything that is your favourite)
  • 4 tbsp of a soft cheese (e.g. cream cheese, feta cheese, goat cheese, etc)
  • about 30-40 slices of pepperoni (or more, or less, etc)
  • smoked sausage and/or other meats (e.g. bacon, bacon, chicken, bacon, ground beef, bacon)
  • 1/2 cup of pizza sauce/tomato paste/red pasta sauce (or not)

Your Tools:

  • Cheese grater/food processor
  • Bakeware (1 casserole dish or 4 ramekins)
  • knife, can opener, etc
  • also an oven...

The Directions:

Step 1-completion
This is super simple stuff. Preheat your oven to 400F. Prepare all your ingredients (chop, slice, grate, shred, and so on). Occasionally I mix the pizza sauce and cheese together, like so:
 So once you have all your ingredients prepped, start making layers until you run out of stuff. I suggest starting with something other than cheese on the bottom.
Sauce and pepperoni for the first layer
Shredded cheese as well as cream cheese
Sausage as the next-to-last layer, topped with more cheese
Sometimes I use these adorable dishes.
This is the second layer, with pepperoni underneath.
More layers. You can see I've put some chicken in here.
I think I may have moved the cheese for this picture but... that was a long time ago.
Okay, now that we have all our layers, pop the food into the oven for 15 minutes. Use a cookie sheet to hold the ramekins if you use those. After 15 minutes, broil for 3-5 minutes. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and serve while it is hot and melty!


Well, goodnight! See you on the weekend.

xo,
Jennifer

0 comments:

Post a Comment